Channel issues, working on a fix

This section is for News and information about our IPTV services.

Channel issues, working on a fix

Postby TuxFan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:36 am

We are experiencing temporary, source feed issues with multiple channels at the moment. The issues are affecting a large number of our channels, including CTV, TSN, TMN, Disney, Much, Family, HGTV and a few more. Some may be majorly pixellated, while others may be completely down. We already have our Engineering department working on resolving it. We apologise for the inconvenience.

There is no wealth like knowledge,
and no poverty like ignorance.
TuxFan
Zazeen

Re: Channel issues, working on a fix

Postby TuxFan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:38 am

Our Engineering department fixed the issue the same day. Our services are 100% back to normal.

TuxFan
Zazeen

Re: Channel issues, needing a fix

Postby Speeder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:50 am

We have been experiencing this 'excessively pixilated' service on CTV Toronto channel again this week. It seems to be most prevalent starting at 11:50 and through the noon news cast and again at 5:50 through the evening news cast. It makes watching the news near impossible.

It's only CTV-One Toronto. Our speed tests show that speed is adequate. No it's not internet (barked up that tree already) Not a hardware issue (switched things around to no avail).

Is it time for an 'engineering' tweak for this channel?
please & thanks.
Speeder

Postby TuxFan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:05 pm

We don't have any other reports of issues with that channel. The channel is also working fine in the office and I watched it a bit at home last night without any issues. It's a relatively high bitrate HD channel, so likely to show issues if your Internet connection is marginal due to usage or connectivity issues. You can e-mail support@zazeen.com so they can assist you with finding the most likely culprit, but chances are it'll either be your usage, local network issues or Internet connection issues.

TuxFan
Zazeen

Postby Speeder » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:59 am

Could this be why we have no sound? Again it's only this channel?

I'm suspecting it's the PLCs. But these nor the wiring in the house have changed, so I'm trying to understand why the changes in our reception?

Can any of your stb's be used via wi-if?
Speeder

Postby TuxFan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 am

Still no reports of issues with that channel. While our WNC set-top boxes can do WiFi, they only work properly with about 5% of our clients (and I'm probably being generous there). WiFi for live TV streaming is a losing proposition since live tv doesn't have fat buffers like OTT services. Even for OTT services, I like to have my devices hardwired. PLC's are a distant second, while WiFi is way back there in 3rd spot. There are many things that can affect your performance..

On the usage side, if a computer picked up some malware, it could be affecting your Internet connection. Maybe one of the residents started using a new data-intensive application like a p2p client.

PLC connections can fail if the PLC itself is deteriorating or if there are wiring issues ranging from a new electrical appliance introducing noise on the electrical wiring to house settling causing a loose connection to rodents nibbling on in-wall wiring.

The above are just some examples of possible causes. That's why I'm a big proponent of wired Ethernet for all multimedia playback and fixed devices in general. Nothing beats its reliability. If you're planning on painting soon, I recommend pricing out having a sparky or an alarm technician running Ethernet throughout your home. The reason I mentioned painting is that fishing the wires through involves cutting into the walls and patching those holes afterwards.

TuxFan
Zazeen