Recent Ottawa Subscriber - My Assessment

Please post reviews here, the good or the bad. New topic for each review.

Recent Ottawa Subscriber - My Assessment

Postby Jacques » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:37 am

I've been a subscriber to Zazeen IPTV since November 2. My subscription is the Skinny Basic + 5 À la carte add-ons. I purchased 3 STBs.

I've set-up my 3 STB's and connected to Zazeen IPTV without a hitch. Everything works fine so far, except for a few disappointments and irritants.

As a bilingual Ottawa subscriber, my only disappointment is that the French stations are not given the same and equitable treatment as the English ones.

For example: the CBC English stations are provided in HD for both Toronto (CBLT) and Ottawa (CBOT) allowing us to watch the Ontario and local Ottawa news. The same goes for CTV and CTV Two (except that now CTV Two has switched to SD).

The only CBC/Radio-Canada French station provided is CBLFT Toronto in SD; I'm sure that this station broadcasts in HD. The Ottawa CBC/Radio-Canada French Station CBOFT is not provided. In fairness it should also be provided as is the English CBOT. Both French stations should be in HD, same as the English ones.

The same situation exists for the French TVA Network. You provide CFTM Montreal in HD but the Ottawa-Gatineau CHOT station is not provided.

All of the Ottawa-Gatineau CBC/Radio-Canada, CTV and TVA stations are available free OTA. In fairness they should be accessible via your IPTV service as are the English ones.

My overall assessment of the service in terms of quality and accessibility is 4/5 and 3.5/5 respectively. There have been only a few times when the server was not responding, maybe due to bad weather as this happened during a snow storm. In sum, Zazeen's offering provides good value - well in support of the CRTC's wishes, except for the lack of the French stations in Ottawa.
Jacques