increased pricing for skinny basic

Ask any sales questions you might have.

increased pricing for skinny basic

Postby bjlockie » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:11 am

Zazeen's pricing has increased for skinny basic and there is no option prepay for a year anymore.
What do they offer, new software, 5.1 audio, more channels?

--
Zazeen VDSL 25/10.
Skinny Basic TV (Entone 500)
bjlockie

Re: increased pricing for skinny basic

Postby TuxFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:29 am

Businesses are, on occasion, forced to reexamine their pricing to reflect the actual cost of doing business. Currently this only affects new sign-ups as old pricing remains for our current month-to-month clients.

There is no wealth like knowledge,
and no poverty like ignorance.
TuxFan

Postby jackie999 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:26 pm

That's quite the increase... I paid $14.95 a month (prepaid a year) and it appears it's now $24.95? So much for affordable IPTV...

According to the sales pitch it's $24.95 if you pay for the year ...what is it by month...?
jackie999

Postby rednekcowboy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:02 pm

I went through the order process for Ontario and the 24.95 is on a month to month.

I don't know if they have plans on offering a reduction for paying a year in advance or not.

As for not being affordable, that is up for interpretation depending on your situation. Zazeen tv has always tried to provide the most affordable option it possibly can. If the Incumbents who control all the media in Canada raise rates, Zazeen has no choice but to follow suit to cover costs to stay in business.

I realize no one likes increases, however Independents like Zazeen are the only way to send a message to the Incumbents that we will not tolerate their constant gouging of us, the Canadian consumer. Every dollar you give to an Independent like Zazeen is a dollar they don't receive and that is the only language they understand.

In short, Independents are our only real way of fighting back and the only avenue we have to improve the situation for all of us.

Please contact the Zazeen Sales & Support team if you require assistance with your IPTV service.
Or use the Get In Touch Link, here: https://www.zazeen.com/contactUsNow.php
rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.

Postby jackie999 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:04 pm

I am not with a zazeen internet provider at the moment, if I change to acanac before my IPTV service expires, can I keep the same rate I signed up with back in Sept`16 ($14.95p/m pd year in advance) or would I be paying the current $24.95 per month to continue...?
Thanks
jackie999

Postby TuxFan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm

You can keep your current TV plan/pricing as long as you have compatible Internet service whether it's from us or from Acanac or from Distributel or from Xinflix. That's only true if you don't have one of the older grandfathered Internet and TV bundles. Most of our clients have a separate TV account and a separate Internet account, so this restriction would only affect a small minority of our client base and I am not sure how that would be handled. It's always best to e-mail our Billing department at billing@zazeen.com and verify.

TuxFan

Postby jackie999 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks TuxFan, I did and I got a speedy response as usual.
The rate of $24.95/month is applied monthly for our new customers. Since you are currently subscribed to our SkinnyTV, the pricing remains $14.95/month. We ask you to please kindly verify with us again prior to the renewal of your service as prices are subject to change with a 30 day notice.

So it appears, ATM I'm grandfathered in at the old rate but prices are subject to change ..so I guess I ask again in a few months. I prefer to pay once a year but he didn't give me an answer on that and the signup page is vague...
jackie999

Postby TuxFan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Annual pre-pay plans are getting phased out. They may make a comeback in a few months, but we won't be offering them in immediate future.

TuxFan

Postby bjlockie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:34 am

I don't really mind $25/month, it is cheaper than other providers.
I started out prepaying $10/month for a year.
It would be too much money for me to prepay $25/month for a year.
There so many bugs (recording, dlna) and no 5.1 audio that I really wish they'd upgrade the software.

--
Zazeen VDSL 25/10.
Skinny Basic TV (Entone 500)
bjlockie

Postby rednekcowboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

bjlockie wrote:I don't really mind $25/month, it is cheaper than other providers.
I started out prepaying $10/month for a year.
It would be too much money for me to prepay $25/month for a year.
There so many bugs (recording, dlna) and no 5.1 audio that I really wish they'd upgrade the software.

What recording bugs do you have?

I don't think 5.1 audio is a platform issue but more of a bandwidth issue that would have a direct impact on costs and push them even higher. Mind you if Minerva would get off their behinds so that 265 encoding could be used, it might save enough bandwidth to be able to make up for the loss with 5.1 audio.

This is all speculation on my part, however. I could be completely wrong.

Please contact the Zazeen Sales & Support team if you require assistance with your IPTV service.
Or use the Get In Touch Link, here: https://www.zazeen.com/contactUsNow.php
rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.

Next