Programs recording twice

Detailed info of common problems clients may encounter

Programs recording twice

Postby Username » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:14 pm

I have been PVRing using the Entone 500 for about a week now. Before that I was using the WNC, which in my opinion is completely inadequate for use with a hard drive because it doesn't retain recording info in case of a reboot (which was frequently required) or power outage. As an aside, I suggest Zazeen stop offering the WNC for PVRing, or at least post a noticeable disclaimer.

Anyway, I wanted to know why many, but not all, shows are recording twice? For instance, if I record the news at 11 p.m., I get two recordings of the same show.

Also, I find that the function for requesting only "new" episodes of shows is fallible. For example, I had The Daily Show set for "new only", and it was not recording despite there being all new episodes in recent weeks. So I had to change it to "all", which meant it was recording four times a day (with my "recording twice" problem).

Can anyone advise?
Username

Re: Programs recording twice

Postby rednekcowboy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm

If you give me a day or two, I'll do some testing myself here. I have the Entone 450 but I'm pretty sure it's the same firmware for both.

Other than that, did you try reaching out to support? I can always escalate the issue for you and have someone call you if you PM me your client ID, phone number and the best time to reach you.

Please contact the Zazeen Sales & Support team if you require assistance with your IPTV service.
Or use the Get In Touch Link, here: https://www.zazeen.com/contactUsNow.php
rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.

Postby Username » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:50 pm

Thank you for looking into it, redneckcowboy. If you have no success, I can always email or call tech support.

It bears mentioning that I had the same "double recording" problem with the WNC. At first I thought it had something to do with HD-TV recording vs. SD recording.
Username

Postby rednekcowboy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Username wrote:Thank you for looking into it, redneckcowboy. If you have no success, I can always email or call tech support.

It bears mentioning that I had the same "double recording" problem with the WNC. At first I thought it had something to do with HD-TV recording vs. SD recording.

No worries. I will try to get to it tonight but it may be tomorrow before I can do some testing. Sorry I am not more help currently as I haven't used the pvr functionality for quite some time now.

Please contact the Zazeen Sales & Support team if you require assistance with your IPTV service.
rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.

Postby Username » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Take your time. There's no hurry.
Username

Postby Username » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:27 am

redneckcowboy, whatever you did worked wonders. Knock on wood, every recording for a couple of days now has only been a single one. If that changes, I'll update this thread.

Thanks a lot. ;)
Username

Postby rednekcowboy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:07 am

I would love to take credit but unfortunately I didn't have time this weekend to do anything. :p

rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.

Postby Username » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:38 am

Then it was your brainwaves sending the adjustments to my Entone telepathically. :D
Username

Postby TuxFan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:08 am

Username wrote:Then it was your brainwaves sending the adjustments to my Entone telepathically. :D

That's why we made him a mod.. For his mad ESP skillz :twisted:

There is no wealth like knowledge,
and no poverty like ignorance.
TuxFan
Zazeen