What To Expect?

Detailed info of common problems clients may encounter

What To Expect?

Postby Grover1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:21 am

Brand new sub, just got equipment today and wondering what to expect from Zazeen.

I'm a Distributel internet subscriber, switching up from DSL to cable and adding Zazeen next Friday. Might be jumping the gun, but would like to transition as smoothly (and quickly) from my current TV to Zazeen as possible

Ultimate plan with WWE. Seems I have a refurb Entone 500.

Specific questions:
1. Although service won't start until Nov. 17th can I configure the box today? I followed the set-up steps but the box does not appear to be powered on.

2. WWE Network on-demand: does Zazeen provide a 2nd channel (similar to R*****) OR does the Entone 500 allow web-browsing? I read a link about watch everywhere from a few years back. It'd be great to get the classic content on my TV as the other guy's on demand selection was really weak.

3. If we like the service and decide to add a 2nd STB to the mix, is there an "extra outlet fee"?

4. FOR USERS NOT ADMIN - If you've tried the other 2 boxes available which is the best 500, 450 or the WNC?
Grover1

Re: What To Expect?

Postby rednekcowboy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:09 pm

What's the problem with Admins? We are users too you know!! :p

You could always try if you have the box seeing as you are on Distributel. There isn't much to setup as it's soley used for the TV service.

For WWE Go, I'll try and dig up the info but you have to go through another service to sign up for it but it was included.

I believe there is a $6.95 charge per box if you are not purchasing/renting via the company.

I have tried and used all the models. I prefer the 450 simply because it has the added moca functionality of feeding additional boxes via coax. IE my main 450 is in my living room and is fed via ethernet from my router but it has a "coax out" on it so I use my apartment's existing cable to feed the second 450 in my daughter's room and saves me from having to use powerline adapters or stringing more ethernet cables to other rooms. Just about every house/apartment already has cable hookups in almost every room and while it's becoming more popular to do the same, it's not standard.

Other than that, the 450 and 500 are on par with each other. I would put the WNC last and unless you have no choice but to go with it, pick one of the entone models.

**In order for Moca to work you either need all 450's or a moca adapter (which I have never used so can't comment on that).

Please contact the Zazeen Sales & Support team if you require assistance with your IPTV service.
Or use the Get In Touch Link, here: https://www.zazeen.com/contactUsNow.php
rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.

Postby Grover1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks cowboy.

I did try to have the box set-up. It gave me a DHCP error, so I assume it just isn't initialized on my account yet.

No hate for admins, but user feedback is usually more valuable as it isn't coloured by pushing a particular box.

The service they had recommended was watch tv everywhere, I have a link for it somewhere. Was just hoping it would be tv accessible vs. watching on PC or tablet.
Grover1

Postby rednekcowboy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Ya, that was it. WatchTVEverywhere, can't really comment on it much other that I did sign up for it and test it way back when it first came out and worked fine for me but you wouldn't be using it from the box. If I remember correctly it was usable on all platforms though (android, pc and ios).

As for having a biased, there is only myself and Ferg as admins here (other than Paul obviously). I believe Ferg sported the WNC right up until a little while ago and is now using a Entone 500.

I wouldn't push one box over the other. However I will always suggest the best device for the smoothest experience. The WNC will do the job fine for most however it's a lower-end device. However if you're not looking to invest a bunch of money, it's the go-to device for you. It was the first device every used and tested for the service, so it's been around a while. I don't have a list of features that it supports or is missing but it's not as robust as the entones.

Between the 2 entones, service is identical other than the 450's having Moca enabled to use your residence's coax infrasctructure to feed your other boxes.

They are just basic set top boxes with no additional apps/functionality other than providing the Zazeen TV service. Here on the forums, we aren't company employees but volunteers. I will give you an honest answer every time and have no incentive to skew things one way or the other.

At least for the next 5 days. Distributel has bought out Zazeen and is shuttering these forums on the 15th. If you or anyone else wants my email, just send me a pm. I'll help out any way I can.

Please contact the Zazeen Sales & Support team if you require assistance with your IPTV service.
Or use the Get In Touch Link, here: https://www.zazeen.com/contactUsNow.php
rednekcowboy
Forum Admin.