no recording

STB Setup problems etc.

no recording

Postby bjlockie » Mon May 15, 2017 10:08 am

Does the Minerva software detect the end of a recording?
I may have discovered why some people have problems recording to USB.
It's been reported here many times that the Entone didn't record something to a connected USB hard drive.
I experienced a problem where a recording showed up in the list of recordings (it should really show the length recorded too).
When I went to play it, it had recorded a minute of the previous show so I fast forwarded (maybe 25x) and when it got to the end of the previous show, it said the recording ended (it looked like it didn't record the show I want).
I didn't delete the recording, I replayed it normal speed and it went past the previous show and played the show I wanted.
This doesn't always happen (maybe the CPU is busy updating the guide or something).
It is really frustrating.
bjlockie

Re: no recording

Postby bjlockie » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 am

bjlockie wrote:Does the Minerva software detect the end of a recording?
I may have discovered why some people have problems recording to USB.
It's been reported here many times that the Entone didn't record something to a connected USB hard drive.
I experienced a problem where a recording showed up in the list of recordings (it should really show the length recorded too).
When I went to play it, it had recorded a minute of the previous show so I fast forwarded (maybe 25x) and when it got to the end of the previous show, it said the recording ended (it looked like it didn't record the show I want).
I didn't delete the recording, I replayed it normal speed and it went past the previous show and played the show I wanted.
This doesn't always happen (maybe the CPU is busy updating the guide or something).
It is really frustrating.

I experienced a situation where it only recorded credits (maybe the previous show) but I couldn't get the real show even playing normally.
It kept stopping and saying playback has ended.
I can't tell how long was actually recorded.
bjlockie